Before you spring into action, there are a few things we’d like to point out in the interests of your security, safety and overall health and to ensure you have a good time.
Everyone at Body Harmony must play by The Rule Book (“Rules”). The Rules aren’t just any old rules – they’re part or your official Body Harmony Contract and have been carefully prepared by our legal guys. So please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them.
Who should play by The Rule Book?
All members, guests, tenants, contractors and visitors must play by the Rules.
If you do not comply, we may ask you to leave the Club, deny you Club access or (if it’s really serious) we may cancel your membership.
The odd change
We may change these rules occasionally.
General club use
- We know it might be hard to tear yourself away but please leave the club punctually at closing time. Opening and closing times are displayed at the Club entrance.
- Pet (other than guide dogs) are not permitted.
- Firearms or other weapons are not permitted on Club premises.
- You may not take any photographs or videos.
- You may not bring alcohol or drugs into our Club.
- You may not sell and/or market any product or service to other members while in our Club.
- You consent to us using your image if taken during photo shoots of the Club facilities.
- The use of the Body Harmony logo for promotional, marketing or advertising means is prohibited.
- Our internet café computers are available for use by you subject to the terms and conditions. Under 14s should be supervised at all times, priority is given to adults.
- Only authorized Body Harmony Personal Trainers are permitted to provide personal training in our Clubs. Personal training by another member is not allowed whether it’s for payment or not. If we find someone providing unauthorized personal training, our Club Manager will investigate and you and the trainer may be suspended or expelled.
- Our Personal Trainers work for themselves and all payment for services is between you as the client, and the Personal Trainer. Please ensure that you sign an agreement with your Personal Trainer and obtain a receipt every time you purchase sessions.
- An access card will be given to you when you join.
- All members must have their photographs taken for the access card – so make sure you’re looking good.
- Every time you enter our Club, please show us your access card.
- Please report a lost or stolen card and we’ll organize a new one for you and charge you the replacement fee.
- If you come to the Club without your access card, you will be asked for ID. We only allow entry with your ID 3 consecutive times, after which a new access card will l be issued to you at the going rate. You’ve been warned!
- No one may use your access card (not even your twin brother or sister.).
- We won’t let you into our Club if your membership fees aren’t up to date or if we have terminated to suspended your membership or you have frozen your membership.
If you bring a mate
- At our discretion, you may bring guests to train with you upon payment of the guest fee/redemption of a promotional voucher and completion of the Guest Register.
- All guests must play by the Rules.
- You must accompany your guests at all times, be responsible for their behavior and make sure they play by the Rules.
Behavior and what (not) to wear
- You may not enter the Club or use the facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or performance-enhancing drugs.
- You must not use foul, loud or abusive language (not even if you drop a dumbbell on your toe), and you must not physically or sexually abuse or harass other members, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff.
- You will have to pay for any damage caused by you, your dependants and your guests while in the Club.
- Only one individual in a shower cubicle at any one time please (unless it’s your own child under the age of 4). Saving water is not a valid excuse.
- Suitable and appropriate exercise clothing must be worn at all times while exercising in the Club. T-shirts/vests (no bare chests please guys) and closed footwear (no slops) must be worn at all times (except in the wet areas).
- If you are unsure what to wear, please ask a staff member.
- Parking is for members and guests only using Club facilities.
- If your car is not parked properly, it may be clamped and a fee charged for its release. Sorry guys.
- It goes without saying, but please do not leave valuables visible inside your vehicle and keep your keys in one of the lockers provided.
- Just remember, all vehicles are driven and parked at your own risk. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles or any other mode of transport of members or guests whilst on Club premises or in any parking area designated for use by members or their guests.
Locker and personal belongings
- Subject to availability, lockers are provided to store your gear while you train. We do not undertake that the use of a locker will guarantee that theft of or damage to your property will not occur. Please check that your personal insurance policy covers your for loss of personal effects. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or theft of money or loss or damage to personal property of members or their guests whether locked in a locker or otherwise.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended in the change rooms or anywhere else in the Club at any time and report any lost item immediately to a staff member.
- Lockers may be used only for keeping gym kits, toiletries and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Club. If we have reasonable grounds for thinking that a locker is being used for the storage of something else, we may open the locker and remove any offending items.
- Lockers are available for use only while you’re in the Club. Any belongings left in a locker overnight will be removed and donated to charity if they are not collected within 14 days.
Equipment and the training floor
- Please use the equipment for its intended purpose and follow the instructions provided. Do ask for help if you need it.
- Please inspect equipment before use and do not use if it appears damaged and/or inoperable or any component appears to be missing, worn and/or damaged. We need to know, so please report to a staff member.
- When using strength equipment, be sure the weight pin is completely inserted.
- Please do not use dumbbells or any other equipment, other than equipment specifically provided by the manufacturer, to incrementally increase weight resistance on strength equipment. If unsure, please ask for help.
- Ensure that the belt has come to a complete stop before stepping onto a treadmill. Never jump off a treadmill while the belt is still moving – that could be nasty.
- Please be gentle. Handle weights and equipment with care and replace after use.
- While completing a circuit, be a sport and move on with the timer and use the equipment in numerical order.
- Please observe the time limits if specified on equipment so that everyone gets the chance to use it.
- No food, drinks or bags are allowed on the training floor, with the exception of plastic water bottles and sports drinks.
- Please use a sweat towel at all times and wipe down equipment after use.
Studio and floor classes
- Classes need to be pre-booked or may have maximum head counts. Class timetables and instructors may change from time to time without notice too. Please check Club notice boards for all the latest details.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for a class as you may not be allowed to join if you are more than five minutes late. If you do arrive a few minutes late, please ensure you are warmed up.
- Children under 14 may not use the sauna or steam room.
- If you are elderly, pregnant or suffer from heart disease, diabetes or high or low blood pressure or any other serious medical condition, you are advised not to use the sauna or steam room.
- Shower before entering the sauna, steam room or spa bath.
- Sit on a towel when using the sauna or steam room
- Observe a reasonable time limit. 10 minutes or until perspiration begins is recommended – after which you should shower and cool down, and if you wish, return for another brief stay.
- Never use oils, creams or cosmetic products in the sauna, steam room and spa baths.
- Never shave or exfoliate
- Never dry clothing or towels in the sauna (it’s a serious fire hazard).
- Do not touch the sauna hot rock unit (its very hot and can cause serious injury).
- No flashing. Please wear a bathing suit in unisex areas.
- Please do not tamper with fire doors or any safety devices.
- Please follow the health and safety notices displayed through the Club.
- Please take note of emergency procedures. If there is an emergency, please follow the staffs’ instructions.
- Please do not run in the Club.
- Please report all injuries/incidents and/or any hazards that you spot to a staff member.
- Junior members under the age of 14 must always be accompanied and supervised by their parents/legal guardians when accessing the Club and at all times while in the Club.
- Junior members under the age of 8 may not use any equipment in the Club.
- Adult members take preference over junior members at all times with regard to the use of equipment and facilities.
- 8 – 13 years:
- May use all cardio vascular equipment except treadmills. Preference must always be given to adult members.
- May participate in age appropriate programs and classes on gym floor, if being led by a Body Harmony recognized fitness professional.
- May participate in any group exercise classes.
- May not use saunas or steam baths.
- Are not allowed on the gym floor, except when using the permitted cardio vascular equipment or if participating in an age-appropriate program or class.
- 14 and 15 years:
- May use all cardio vascular equipment.
- May use all the strength equipment on the gym floor but only under the supervision of an adult/parental guardian or if participating in a program supervised by a Body Harmony recognized fitness professional.
- 16 years and older:
- Have access to all the equipment and facilities within the Club.
Last but not least
- Off-peak membership allows you to train between 10h00 and 16h00 on weekdays. You are not allowed access to the Club before 10h00 and after 16h00. Access is unrestricted at weekends and public holidays.
- We reserve absolute discretion when approving membership applications.
- Complaints should be made to the Club Manager, or in writing through the suggestions/comments box provided.